Minooka Elementary School District 201 Board met October 16.
Minooka Elementary School District 201 Board met Oct. 16.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
John Clucas (arrived 6:10 p.m.)
ABSENT: Ed Cronin
1. Call to Order The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by President James Satorius. Roll call was answered as indicated. Others present were: Kris Monn, Joshua Ruland, Andy Karceski, Tom Lancaster, Chris Chamblee, Kevin Smith, Aaron Souza, Allison Selk, Tiffany Staab, Colleen Bogart and Lori Shanholtzer.
2. Public Comment None
3. Review of the Agenda
3.01 Personnel - Dr. Monn went over the personnel report with the Board.
3.02. Approval of Syserco Service Agreements for Alerton Controls - As we begin the process of upgrading our building control systems, we also want to ensure that we are proactively maintaining all equipment. The scope of services to be covered can be found in the service agreement on the districts website electronic board packet. Each of our seven buildings would have their own identical service agreement. These are one year service agreements. The price for each individual school is $2,360, bringing our total to $16,520 for all seven schools.
3.03 Notice of FOIA Requests - One FOIA request was received by Kirk Allen from American Watchdogs. Items requested were information pertaining to school district debt and superintendent's employment contract.
3.04. Acceptance FY2017 Audit - Tom Lancaster and Chris Chamblee from Wermer, Rogers, Doran & Ruzon presented the FY2017 financial audit to the Board.
3.05. Approval of 2018 Life Safety Work to Tower Construction for $1,632,000 - We conducted the rebid in September with a bid opening on October 3, 2017. Seven bids were received with Tower Construction of Mokena as the low bidder with a base bid of $1,535,000. Two alternates were also requested which would add $97,000 to the bid, bringing the low bid total to $1,632,000. STR has conducted a scope review with Tower Construction and our satisfied that they understand and are capable of performing the work. Administration recommends awarding the bids for the Life Safety Work to Tower Construction in the amount of $1,632,000 as presented. All work will be performed in the spring and summer of 2018.
3.06 Approval for Minooka CCSD 201 to join the Consortium for Educational Change - CEC helps school systems across the country thoroughly understand their own strengths and opportunities, build mutually respectful collective bargaining relationships, create District, School and Team/Grade Level Leadership Teams, and establish effective and honest communication structures that include all three anchors. CEC's consultants build individualized supports for each school and district, with a focus on collaboration and capacity-building. In order for our District to become one of the member districts of the CEC, a co-signed letter from the Board, Superintendent and the Minooka Elementary Education Association must be approved by the Board. The annual dues for membership is $1,500.
4. Transportation - Update Dr. Monn reported that Jackie Hardie has resigned and the interview process will be in the coming week to replace her.
5. Operations and Maintenance - Update Kevin Smith shared information about the Syserco Service Agreements for Allerton Controls. He also stated that the boiler replacement is ahead of schedule.
Kevin Smith shared information regarding the damage to the Minooka Elementary School playground. He stated they are currently fixing problems as they arise but it will eventually have to be replaced. It would be cheaper to replace than to constantly refurbish. Currently the Minooka PTO is also getting quotes that they will propose to the board to help with the cost.
6. Technology - Update Aaron Souza reported that the new copy machines have been installed at Minooka Elementary.
Next on the plan will be replacing Minooka Junior High School machines and then Walnut Trails. He will be sharing a report on how much we have saved in the coming board meetings.
Aaron Souza reported that the next project he will be working on will be to re-evaluate the teacher grade book system and he will be sending out a survey to staff.
7. Board of Education Topics None
8. Executive Session
9. Adjourn Moved by Skwarczynski, seconded by Allen to adjourn the Committee of the Whole Meeting at 6:49 p.m. Aye: Skwarczynski, Allen, Clucas, Cronin, Thompson, Satorius
Motion Carried at 6:49 p.m.