Coal City Planning and Zoning Board met August 5
Coal City Planning and Zoning Board met Aug. 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
At 7 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019, chairman Georgette Vota called to order the meeting of the Coal City Planning and Zoning Board in the boardroom of the Village Hall. Roll call-Members Maria Lewis, Jill Breneman, Richard Crotteau, John Hawkinson, Irving DeWald and Amanda Burns. Also in attendance was Trustee Dave Togliatti and Matt Fritz, village administrator.
The minutes of the June 10, 2019 meeting were presented for approval. Breneman moved to approve the minutes as presented, second by Lewis. Roll call-Ayes; Lewis, Breneman,
Crotteau, Vota, Hawkinson, DeWald and Burns. Nays; none. Motion carried.
The minutes of the training session on June 17, 2019 were presented. Hawkinson moved to approve the minutes of the June 17, 2019 training session, second by Lewis. Roll call-Ayes; Lewis, Breneman, Crotteau, Vota, Hawkinson, DeWald and Burns. Nays; none. Motion carried.
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Conditional Use Permit 700 S. Mazon EJCC, LLC (Eric Powell)
Mr. Powell was not in attendance for this presentation. Mr. Fritz explained that the property owned by Mr. Poweli at 700 S. Mazon Street presently houses a beauty salon and an auto repair shop is requesting occupancy. Discussion included:
• Property is zoned C-4
• The permitted use will not affect the beauty salon
• Several auto repair shops already are operating in Coal City. A vehicle repair shop is not allowed in C-4 zoning without a conditional use permit
• Parking is limited; will there be parking within the building?
• The auto repair shop will occupy the east side of the building
Number of service bays in building? Repurposed building? Bringing building up to code
Fire suppression required?. ComEd distribution sub-station within close proximity
• Possible right-of-way vacature for parking The Public Hearing is scheduled for August 19, 2019. Mr. Fritz will contact Mr. Powell to get the answers to the questions presented.
Review of Draft Ordinance with zoning code amendments
Square footage of garages increased
• Recreational Vehicle and Trailer storage/parking limitations
Tattoo Shops-Conditional Use Permit within C-3 zoning districts
Mr. Fritz announced that a Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, September 3, 3019 addressing the Meadow Estates Phase 5 revisions. Mr. Fritz gave updates regarding:
• Dunkin Donuts interest in coming to Coal City
• South Broadway Reconstruction
• Quiet Zone
• Truck Route
Rt. 113, 5th Avenue, North Street and Will Road Berta Road is not included in the truck route Village Board will adopt Ordinance on August 28th
Crotteau moved to adjourn the meeting, second by DeWald. All signified by saying aye. No one opposed. Motion carried and the meeting was adjourned at 7:42 p.m
Organizations in this Story